To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]
The Greater Washington Partnership’s Capital CoLAB is seeking a graduate fellow to implement our Campus Ambassador program in the Capital Region. This is a paid position through the end of the Fall 2021 semester. The Capital CoLAB is an action-oriented partnership that brings together the leaders of the region’s top academic institutions and the largest employers to shape the diverse digital tech talent ecosystem. CoLAB’s programs span K-12 school districts, community colleges, universities, and large employers who are all working to ensure that the Capital Region offers pathways to digital tech employment while expanding and diversifying the learners who pursue it. To achieve our mission of building the diverse digital tech workforce, we aim to engage 45,000 people in our work by 2025 with 50% from underrepresented populations.
The Digital Tech Credential, Capital CoLAB’s inaugural program, is being implemented by fifteen universities throughout the Capital Region. The credentials are embedded within university curriculum and recognized by regional employers as a differentiator in hiring talent. The Campus Ambassador program aims to increase awareness of the Digital Tech Credential through peer-to-peer marketing and outreach. Each semester one student from each of the CoLAB universities is hired to develop and execute a promotion plan unique to their respective campus.
- Supervise ten to fifteen campus ambassadors, one from each Capital CoLAB university partners.
- Review resumes, conduct interviews, and participate in selection process of up to fifteen campus ambassadors for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 semesters.
- Create and lead virtual training sessions prior to the start of the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 semesters.
- Assist with marketing content creation and revision
- Hold weekly virtual meetings with CoLAB Student Engagement Associate to discuss strategy and metrics.
- Host weekly campus ambassador meetings to discuss student outreach tactics and goals.
- Assist with bi-weekly Campus Ambassador one on one meetings to assess each ambassador’s progress and metrics.
- Track program success metrics and provide input on campus ambassador evaluation strategy.
- Assist with career fairs or other CoLAB partner events.
- Additional operational support and guidance as needed and mutually agreed upon.
- Meet with other members of the CoLAB and Greater Washington Partnership team as needed for special projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree seeking candidate in a graduate program in a higher education or related field
- Supervisory and/or mentoring experience
- Results-oriented individual, with a proven track record of achievement
- Exceptional project management skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in digital technology or STEM education
- Familiarity with the Capital Region and regional stakeholders
- Involvement in an intermediary or partnership
- Experience guiding an initiative from concept to plan to implementation