The Greater Washington Partnership (the Partnership) is seeking a skilled and motivated individual with knowledge, experience, and interest in transportation and/or communications. This individual will support a fast-paced, high-energy team by assisting in the implementation of the Capital Region’s Blueprint for Regional Mobility. The intern will also support the transportation team’s operations, logistics, research, and program development in support of the Partnership’s strategic initiatives.
- Research and write briefs, executive summaries, case studies, blogs and other documents, as assigned, related to the team’s transportation projects and priorities.
- Lead the research, development, and implementation of an organizational system to enhance team capacity.
- Propose and execute a transportation-related research topic in the Capital Region that can be completed during your tenure as an intern.
- Support the development of persuasive communication material.
Qualifications and Experience
- Pursuing or completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban planning, communications, or related degrees.
- Strong analytical, research, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High-level of proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Results oriented professional with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for researching transportation and emerging transportation issues.
- Solid background or training in quantitative analysis, with database management skills.
- Experience with a wide range of online tools, programs, and applications.
- Ability to develop compelling communication content and visual aids.
The candidate for this position will receive an hourly wage of $15.
Timeframe and Location
This position can be part-time or full-time. While the office is located in Washington, DC the internship this Summer will be virtual and can be conducted from a site of their choosing. The candidate should be available to begin no later than June 1, 2021, and be able to commit to no less than 10 weeks with the option to extend the internship upon mutual agreement.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining interest in the position, a one-page resume, three references, and two short writing samples (no more than five pages total) to jmcandrew [at] greaterwashingtonpartnership [dot] com with “Mobility Intern” as the email subject line.
Description of Organization
The Greater Washington Partnership is a first-of-its-kind civic alliance of CEOs in the region, drawing from the leading employers and entrepreneurs committed to making the Capital Region, from Baltimore to Richmond, one of the world’s best places to work, raise a family and build a business. Working in collaboration with leaders across our communities, the Partnership connects and leverages the regions extraordinary assets to advance inclusive, actionable solutions that strengthen the Capital Region as a leading global region and center for commerce and innovation.