- Fostering Unity Advancing Growth
- Creating an inclusive economy for the region
- Through Innovation + Collaboration
The Greater Washington Partnership is committed to catalyzing solutions. We are an action-oriented alliance focused on a limited set of issues, understanding that a super-regional, fact-based approach can facilitate progress toward achieving our vision. We leverage our CEOs and their organizations’ capabilities, resources, and influence in service of the public interest. By working together across sectors, geographies, and jurisdictions, we strive to break down barriers to unifying solutions. Only through collaboration can the Capital Region reach its true potential and achieve a better future for all of its citizens.
In fostering a truly inclusive economy that creates opportunity for all, we realize that the Capital Region must:
- Redefine our boundaries to compete on a global scale.
- Collaborate across political and jurisdictional lines to solve big challenges.
- Focus on long-term issues before they become near-term crises.
- Leverage the unique assets of the federal government and become a place that’s driven by economic dynamism rather than politics.
What percentage of commuters travel to a new jurisdiction for work?
Of the Capital Region’s 10.2 million residents, nearly 50% of those who commute cross county borders and 20% cross state lines daily to access their jobs.
How much is the Capital Region’s population expected to grow?
Over the next 20 years, the Capital Region is projected to add 2.4 million residents which will increase pressure on an already burdened system