Real Convos with Real Leaders
Access a transcript of this session here.
- Angel Pineiro – Vice President, Strategic Academic Relationships, CompTIA
- Dr. Davina Pruitt-Mentle – Lead for Academic Engagement, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NIST)
- Sarah Kaleel – Cybersecurity Program Manager, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Judy Hunt – NSA
- Why did you choose your career?
- What sort of education/career training is required to work in your career?
- What is your work environment like?
- What is the expected annual salary for entry-level and seasoned professionals in your field?
- What sort of skills are required for someone in your field?
- Could you talk about a time when you failed at a task, but then learned from your failures?
What They Do:
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.\
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.