Real Convos with Real Leaders
Access a transcript of this session here.
- Chris Dovi – Executive Director & Chief Policy Advocate, CodeVA
- Dia Harris – Sr. Diversity Program Manager, Global Diversity & Inclusion, Amazon
- Alicia Waide – Software Developer, Catalyte
- Jyoti Wadhwa – Cyber & Digital Mission Leader, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Adeena Mignogna – Software Developer, Space Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- What does a typical day look like in your occupation? What do you spend most of your time doing every day?
- What is the day-to-day responsibilities that someone outside of your field might not know about?
- What can you tell us about related occupations in your field?
- What levels of education and training are required?
- Once you complete the basic educational/training requirements for this occupation, are there other related occupations that a person would be qualified for?
- Tell us how what they are learning in school now applies to your occupation.
- What should their focus be as freshmen if this profession is their ultimate goal?
What They Do:
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.